Matthias Pigulla wrote:
I still don't understand why - despite all the discussion here - the 5.1
release is still on the php.net website, being publicy announced and
there is not even a single hint what problems users might run into.

Every major company has a disaster recovery plan to make things go quick
in case of emergencies. The release is out for almost 24h now and
nothing happens.
Because it isn't a disaster. It doesn't affect every user out there.
It probably doesn't even affect a majority. I have 5.1.0 installed on a
couple of different servers now and everything works fine. That doesn't
mean it shouldn't be fixed quickly with a 5.1.1 in the next day or two,
but pulling the release doesn't make sense to me.

-Rasmus

groupphp-internals @
categoriesphp
postedNov 25, '05 at 6:15p