The fifth and final release candidate of 5.3.7 was just released for
testing and can be downloaded here:

https://downloads.php.net/ilia/php-5.3.7RC5.tar.bz2 (md5sum:
2604b92812e213287fa0fbc5d61223db)
https://downloads.php.net/ilia/php-5.3.7RC5.tar.gz (md5sum:
2d3315be5ef7ab90ca359978f36c2001)

The Windows binaries are available at: http://windows.php.net/qa/

This RC is in place to validate the changes resulting from various
code adjustments made to address issues identified by static analysis.
If no issues arise the final release will be made next week.

To make sure we can finally get 5.3.7 out of the door, I would like to
ask that all developers refrain from making commits into the 5.3
branch, until the final release is made (especially those on working
on Coverity identified issues).

PHP 5.3.7 is focused on improving the stability and security. To
ensure that the release is solid, please test this RC against your
code base and report any problems that you encounter.

To find out what was changed since the last release please refer to
the NEWS file found within the archive or on
http://svn.php.net/viewvc/php/php-src/tags/php_5_3_7RC5/NEWS?revision=HEAD&view=markup

Windows users please mind that we don't provide VS6 builds anymore
since PHP 5.3.6.

Ilia Alshanetsky

groupphp-general @
categoriesphp