I think the reason DL_ERROR is defined in java.c for win32 platforms is that
there is no dlerror() function for win32. I'm only guessing because I have
no win32 platform to test on.

On unix platforms, DL_ERROR is defined in zend.h as the function name for the
dlerror() equivalent.

Can someone verify that there is a dlerror() function for win32? Here is the
current code from java.c

#ifdef PHP_WIN32
#include "win32/winutil.h"
#define DL_ERROR php_win_err