At 6:51 PM -0500 3/9/06, Dan Sugalski wrote:
C:\Documents and Settings\Dan Sugalski\src\Wx-Mozilla-0.03>perl Makefile.PL
No such lib 'gl' at C:/Perl/site/lib/Wx/build/Config/Win32_MSVC.pm line 99.
Right, so this is apparently a bug of some sort in the MSVC bits of
Wx's build stuff.
Not quite: Wx is trying to find MSVC-compiled DLLs, but the PPM
install MinGW-built ones. They have different names (and if they
did have the same name they would not work anyway, so the different name
is a feature :-).
I gave up and installed MinGW to see if that
worked, and it does. Mostly. Except that it tells me it can't find
wxmozilla
It searches for libraries inside site_lib/auto/Wx/*.dll. It is
meant for main/contrib wxWidgets libraries, not for general use.
and if I remove that requirement from the makefile.pl, the
resulting makefile's badly horked. (With a half dozen config::
targets, amongst other things)
Which make are you using?

I assume you are using ActivePerl 8xx. I am told that recent ActivePerls
can build modules with both MSVC and GCC. Older ActivePerls can only use
MSVC, unless you help them with ExtUtils::FakeConfig.
I get the feeling there's some sort of Deep Magic I need to know to
get this going on Windows, but I just don't have it. Any pointers?
(I'm not a windows guy. OS X is my native platform, with linux
trailing as second these days, so I'm definitely flying blind)
If your ActivePerl is not recent enough (I do not have release numbers,
but "compatibility with MinGW" will likely be mentioned in the README)
you need ExtUtils::FakeConfig. Then run:

perl -MConfig_m Makefile.PL
nmake
nmake test
nmake install