Dan, wxPerl's INSTALL.pod is not really up-to-date with the changes in
recent wxWidgets versions. Here's how I got wxPerl to compile with
MSVC and wxWidgets 2.6.3 RC1 (should be similar for 2.6.2):

D:\devel\wx\wxWidgets-2.6.3\build\msw>nmake -f makefile.vc BUILD=release SHARED=1 UNICODE=1
D:\devel\wx\wxWidgets-2.6.3\contrib\build\stc>nmake -f makefile.vc
BUILD=release SHARED=1 UNICODE=1 WXUSINGDLL=1

D:\devel\wx\Wx-0.27>perl Makefile.PL --unicode
nmake
nmake install

When wxPerl complains that it cannot find a library (e.g. "adv"), that
usually means that you compiled the wrong type of library. If it
complains that it cannot find "stc", it means that you forgot to
compile the STC contrib library. XRC is not a contrib library anymore,
it does not need to be built extra.

Regarding using the MingW vs. the Visual Studio compiler: I found that
the executables generated by Visual Studio are usually much faster, so
there is less flickering when using wxPerl.

Has anybody tried using the Borland compiler? From my experience, it
is even faster than Visual C++ (~10-20%). Also, does anybody know
something about the performance of the VS2005 vs. the VS6 compiler?

Regards,
Christian

--
crenz@web42.com - http://christian.web42.com - http://www.web42.com/crenz/

"It hath ever been the lot of truth (like the Lord of it) to be
crucified between right-hand and left-hand thieves."
-- Christopher Ness, An Antidote Against Arminianism, 1770

groupwxperl-users @
categoriesperl
postedMar 9, '06 at 11:51p
activeMar 16, '06 at 2:41a