At 7:24 PM +0100 3/3/06, Mattia Barbon wrote:
Okay, since wrapping mozilla's not a big enough project to tackle on
its own
Be sure to ask if you need more ;-)
Heh. I've enough right now, thanks. :-P
I'm trying to get a Wx-based OS X app packaged up with
PerlWrapper. I see from the archives that people have done it, and I
followed the instructions to patch the 0.2 PerlWrapper distribution
up to work on Tiger (which worked) but... I can't seem to manage to
get any WxPerl code to actually *work* with it.

I think I followed the directions (make all the patches, throw the
perl modules and libraries into the bundle, patch the libraries, put
the perl code where it ought to go) and the app builds OK, but when sole
run through Xcode it just... exits with a code 0. Non-wx programs
work OK, so things are reasonably fine (I think) it's just the Wx
ones I'm having a problem with.
Did you try PerlWrapper + programs using XS modules or just
simple Perl programs?
Okay, I tracked down the problem to an environment one -- the calling
environment's different for programs fired up as an app than it is
for programs fired up with wxPerl. That was confusing some debugging
code and screwing things up for me. My bad here. :) That and I missed
some spots in changing the app name, so it wasn't working right when
I did finally get it firing up as it ought. It was a pain, but after
poking around a bunch of places and fixing things I messed up, I've
got this working. Which, y'know, is actually kind of cool.

There are some bits in the perlwrapper package that could use some
fixup stuff, so I'm going to take some time later on to abuse it into
shape. Who knows, maybe I'll even get a template xcode project for
it, though I wouldn't hold your breath there.

Thanks for the help with this -- I do appreciate it.
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
dan@sidhe.org have teddy bears and even