Dmitry Karasik dmitry-at-karasik.eu.org |Old Lists| wrote:
Hmm... Its been a while for me and C linking but as I remember it, the
order of -l parameters *is* significant, if one library uses another.
And just looking at the names of the libs above, it looks likely to me
that one uses the other. (And I don't remember what must come first, the
user or the used, sorry)
It _does_ use one another. And now someone from gcc devs also tells me
that the order is indeed significant, by design. So I'm confused now.
One trick I've used in the past is just to include all -l's twice:

-la -lb -la -lb

Not pretty, but it does the trick! :-)

Peter

--