On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 07:25 -0400, Kartik Thakore wrote:
On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 7:10 AM, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
You've chosen your own
numbering (2.201) and to keep the original name, so for
outside/distribution people it looks like just a normal upgrade (I
already got that echo from Mandriva).
We call it Games::FrozenBubble too close?
I think so, yes. "Games" for people has just no meaning since it looks
like a categorizing part. And "FrozenBubble" is exactly the same name
except the - separator in the middle of the original name. That said,
I cannot suggest a very good name change and it also would imply some
graphics changes. So I'd favor a bold explanation on your releases.
How about "IcySpheres"? No obvious need to change the graphics, yet
clearly at the very least "not official". Just like Debian's Iceweasel,
Iceape, and Icedove, you can explain in the README that it's not a
clone, but rather a mild fork with patches.

-'f

groupsdl-devel @
categoriesperl
postedMay 3, '10 at 3:24a