On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 10:32:32AM -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2001 08:26:52 -0500, Wade Johnson said:
I'd like to add a script to the CPAN scripts archive, but it consists of a
small
number of files. According to the archives for this mailing list, this issue
has
been raised in the past. The last time I can find being about a year ago.

Is this now possible?
If so, how? The instructions still imply only single file scripts.
Long, long ago, I made a module that would figure out what sort of archive a
particular file was, and extract particular files from it in some meaningful
way. Then, one of the modules on which it relied got broken, and has not yet
been fixed. Meanwhile, Kutr got involved in the Perl6 effort, and is busier
than (insert clever analogy here). That, as far as I know, is the status.

The module in question is called, I seem to recall, File::Archive.

I think that a number of us are interested in getting multi-file scripts
working, but there is a general shortage of tuits. If Kurt would tell us
exactly what needs to get done, perhaps we collectively can do the various
parts that need doing?
Something happened on PAUSE a few months ago, such that the scripts
indexer completely broke. I've looked into it a few times and not figured
out what went wrong. Rich, if I can get the indexer working again this
weekend, do you think you might be able to help me incorporate File::Archive?

- Kurt

groupscripts @
categoriesperl
postedApr 27, '01 at 1:27p