It took about 30 minutes to write but quite a few hours to debug and test
to check out the many variations of such an archive. It is a
self-extracting,
script which wraps extraction and insertion of text files of which they
themselves may be extracted scripts.

Without having seen it, I think it sounds like a useful tool,
and I think you ought to upload this script and make it available
to others (if you haven't already). Thank you for writing it.

That being said, however, I do not think it's the right way to
implement tarballs for the CPAN script archive.

I think this would be an appropriate time for the mailing list
maintainer and/or the CPAN script archive maintainer to weigh in
with an opinion.

--
# John Nolan

groupscripts @