John,

It took about 30 minutes to write but quite a few hours to debug and test
to check out the many variations of such an archive. It is a
self-extracting,
script which wraps extraction and insertion of text files of which they
themselves may be extracted scripts.

It is documented in POD and represents a way to load into our current script
archive any combination of text files as a self-extracting script. The
self-
extraction portion is only 35 lines which I left as clear un-obfuscated
code.

perl extract.pl -- extracts insert.pl and test.pl
perl test.pl -- tests extraction and insertion
perl insert.pl myTextBall *.doc *.pl *.pm -- inserts all text into a
self-extracting
text...ball

I think it would encourage the scripters to submit more because they will
not be
limited to one all-inclusive-script.

Since it is just text, perldoc reads all the pod right out of the archive.

Sincerely,

David