vvitkov wrote:
I have a mail relay machine on which i want simple checks performed.
Checks like early talker, dnsbl and some very simple sanities.
Then the mail should be relayed to the real MX which will perform
spam/av detection/marking/clearing
What Robin said, but more directly:

MAKE SURE YOUR RELAY SERVER DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY E-MAIL YOU DON'T
[POTENTIALLY] INTEND TO DELIVER.

By this I mean, make sure that whatever method you are using to
authenticate e-mail addresses on the real MX server (LDAP, MySQL
database, whatever) is also available to the relay server. If you just
accept any e-mail address here, and bounce it later, you will be sending
bounce messages to forged return addresses (i.e. you will be part of the
problem, not part of the solution). This is the single most common
mistake people make when they set up a MX-relay box.

One thing you can consider is queue/smtp-forward, which will start a
SMTP session with your real MX box. This will have the effect of acting
like a transparent relay, and any RCPT TO: addresses which would be
denied will be denied back to the remote server. This happens very late
in the transaction, however (you've already received the DATA), so if
you can push the RCPT check back up to earlier in the transaction, you
will be better off.

John

groupqpsmtpd @
categoriesperl