Grokbase Groups Perl qa January 2007

--- Nicholas Clark wrote:

I'd like Wstat, even if I don't have Stat. I like to know if tests
coredumped.
I may be in a minority here, but being able to optionally switch to
that output is useful.
Fair enough.
I like the prominence of TODO passed
Cool. I hated wedging it in there like that, but I couldn't think of
another nice format.
I'm not sure if I like the lines making the table. I guess it's a bit
of a
bikeshed, but having horizontal lines between each will increase the
amount
of vertical space needed to convey the same information, which will
mean
fewer failures will be needed to exceed my screen's height.
So with optional Wstat, you're thinking something like this?

Failed Test | Wstat | Total | Fail | List of Failed | TODO Passed
------------+-------+-------+------+--------------------+----------------
t/bar.t | 1024| 13| 4|2, 6-8 |3-4
t/foo.t | 256| 10| 1|5 |

And Andy Lester wrote:
The vertical lines are just noise. What Tufte calls "chartjunk".
That's what I thought at first, too, but looks at this:

Failed Test Total Fail List of Failed TODO Passed
------------+-------+------+---------------------+----------------
t/bar.t 13 9 2, 6-8, 13, 17, 33-35 3-4
t/foo.t 10 10 5, 19, 27, 37-38, 117 9-11

In trying to pack in the 'TODO passed' information, I'm running out of
room. That's becoming annoying to read (It would be even worse without
those plus signs:

Failed Test Total Fail List of Failed TODO Passed
t/bar.t 13 9 2, 6-8, 13, 17, 33-35 3-4
t/foo.t 10 10 5, 19, 27, 37-38, 117 9-11

Did you mean that you didn't like the 'horizontal' lines?

groupqa @
categoriesperl
postedJan 5, '07 at 7:11p
activeJan 10, '07 at 4:48p