Grokbase Groups Perl qa October 2005
Hi all!

In a previous thread, I promised that I'm going to spin-off Test::Harness and
heavily refactor and revamp it for extensibility. I did just that, and I'm
proud to announce the first developers release of Test::Shlomif::Harness:

http://download.berlios.de/web-cpan/Test-Shlomif-Harness-0.0100_01.tar.gz

Being a developers' release, it is still subject to change. Here are a few
notes:

1. The code is derived from the original code of Test::Harness. However, it is
heavily refactored and the interface has completely changed. There's now an
object instance (Test::Shlomif::Harness::Obj->new()), and many methods were
extracted. Hopefully, it will allow for greater flexibility and
extensibility.

2. The latest version of the code is available on the Berlios' repository for
the web-cpan project:

svn://svn.berlios.de/web-cpan/Test-Harness-NG/trunk/

3. The name was chosen because "Shlomif" is my common username and handle. I
didn't want to populate yet another Top-level CPAN namespace, so I placed it
under Test::. And naturally, there's the Harness. This is just a *temporary*
name. Possible names for the permanent module (I'm open for more
suggestions):

* Test::HarnessPlus
* Test::RunTests
* Anything else?

4. It seems the tests coverage of Test::Harness is incomplete so some bugs may
have escaped.

5. Documentation is somewhat out-of-date at the moment, and a lot of the
interface has changed.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Shlomi Fish