On Wed, Oct 13, 1999 at 01:20:33PM -0700, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
According to John Porter:
Is having it behave differently from perl5 a big deal?
That's the key question, isn't it? I hardly think tying variables to
which references already exist is a common practice.
Then, unless it has changed, I guess you have not used Tk recently
as IIRC there are some modules there which call tie via a reference
that was passed to the sub, so it is quite possible that other
references exist.

I think your assumption that this is not practice is not used a lot
is a badly informed one.

But then Tk will need a lot of work if XS is not going to be compatible
as it stresses XS now :-)
And we already
have disavowed any claims of 100% Perl 5 compatibility.
Maybe, but the number is getting smaller all the time.

--
For myself I am an optimist--it does not seem to be much use being
anything else. -- Winston Churchill

groupperl6-porters @
categoriesperl
postedOct 12, '99 at 8:32p