On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 12:29:52PM -0400, bet@rahul.net wrote:
2000-04-30-01:18:25 Chip Salzenberg:
And now for something completely different: I've asked Adam Turoff
to look at Cons, getting entirely away from the whole 'makefile'
thing.
Is Cons alive?

I didn't find anything on freshmeat or search.cpan.org, and when
I went to the referenced debian site, I found a ".orig" tarball
(sometimes I'm _REALLY_ glad I don't have anything to do with
Debian), with file timestamps in November of 1996, with a perl
script completely undocumented except for a usage message (no pod,
even) and a postscript file created with Framemaker. The CHANGES
file documents work from August 24, 1996 through November 12,
1996. None of this inspires confidence.

I'll try and give that doc a read, but this really looks like one of
the projects that didn't survive its initial moments.
Sheesh!

http://www.google.com/search?q=cons&meta=lr%3D%26hl%3Den

--
"Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by stupidity."
via, but not speaking for Deutsche Bank

groupperl6-porters @
categoriesperl
postedApr 29, '00 at 7:04a