Chip Salzenberg writes:
:
: 2. There's a new Topaz snapshot available: topaz-0.09.tar.gz.

I have a couple questions/suggestions:

*) If for any given parent class there is only one child class
inheriting from it, is there an advantage to separating them? The
extra level of abstraction seems a bit confusing to me. Example:

Scalar <- FinalScalar <- PoolScalar

Will there ever be another class directly inheriting from Scalar or
FinalScalar? If not, then why not fold the classes together and
minimize the "where did this method come from/what's my inheritance
path" confusion?

*) It might be a great help if the distribution's file hierarchy
somehow mirrored the class hierarchy. An incomplete hypothetical:
ls -R Value
Aggr/ Code/ IO/ Scalar/ Value.cc Value.hh

Value/Aggr:
Aggr.cc Aggr.hh

Value/Code:
Code.cc Code.hh

Value/IO:
IO.cc IO.hh

Value/Scalar:
Final/ Scalar.cc Scalar.hh ScalarUtil.cc ScalarUtil.hh

Value/Scalar/Final:
FinalScalar.cc FinalScalar.hh Pool/

This leverages people's perl class thinkspace and graphically
points out both strange object inheritance (e.g. Glob) and single
parent/child inheritance.

Is is appropriate at this point to discuss inheritance paths, or
will things change around a bit?

William

groupperl6-porters @
categoriesperl