On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 22:38 +1100, Timothy S. Nelson wrote:
My third thought is that it would be very useful also to have
date/time objects that integrate well with eg. ctime, mtime, and the like; I'd
start with Time::Piece as a model.

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Time-Piece/Piece.pm
Conceptually, I agree. But there are places that Time::Piece assumes
time is a sane thing, and it just isn't. Date::Time has a less DWIM
interface, but is much more correct in the face of general human
nuttiness on this topic (especially with regard to durations and
timezones).

I'd prefer to generally follow Date::Time, with DWIM features cherry
picked from Time::Piece as long as they don't result in wrong behavior.

(As an aside: It's the 21st century -- the default stringification of
time objects should be easily parseable and sortable, not the insanity
produced by Perl 5's 'scalar localtime'. ISO or SQL timestamp format
please.)

-'f

groupperl6-language @
categoriesperl