On Mon May 16 16:55:40 2016, alex.jakimenko@gmail.com wrote:
Code:
dd (‘’..‘WAT’)[^20]

Result:
("", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "",
"", "", "")

I don't know what would be the right behavior, but an infinite list of
empty strings is probably the worst option out of all. When trying to
produce a range by using two strings, I expect either nothing, or one
empty string, or some weird string sequence, or a very large list of
different strings. The only thing that I am not expecting is an
infinite list.
I think your expectations are incorrect, and this is the right behavior.

You've asked for a range starting at the empty string, and then continuing using the autoincrement until the string 'WAT' is generated. But the autoincrement of the empty string is... the empty string, which seems correct.

Rejecting ticket.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda

groupperl6-compiler @