Dave Fischer [dfischer@qedenv.com] quoth:
*>Nat writes:
*>>I almost think you'd be better off starting from scratch and making a
*>>microperl that looks like Perl but doesn't have anything that makes
*>>parsing hard or execution big (i.e., all the things that make Perl
*>>be Perl :-)
*>I'm thinking of something like this too. Basically a Regex with a small
*>script capability. Why do it? The graffiti input really isn't useful for

What about the embedded Perl idea? I still don't know what one could do
with Perl on a PDA except do minimal things that would work in conjunction
with a workstation. Then again, I'm attatched to my PAA with fountain pen
stylus. Just because one can do something doesn't always mean it has
value.

When they start implementing voice recognition with power and storage
capability of a sparc, I'll be interested. :)

e.

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl
postedSep 22, '99 at 9:32p