On 05/09/2016 07:39 AM, Ricardo Signes wrote:
As I sit here, and oftentimes, I wish
I could be monarch of a desert land
I could devote and dedicate forever
To the truths we keep coming back and back to.
So desert it would have to be, so walled
By mountain ranges half in summer snow,
No one would covet it or think it worth
The pains of conquering to force change on.
Scattered oases where men dwelt, but mostly
Sand dunes held loosely in tamarisk
Blown over and over themselves in idleness.
Sand grains should sugar in the natal dew
The babe born to the desert, the sand storm
Retard mid-waste my cowering caravans—

“There are bees in this wall.” He struck the clapboards,
Fierce heads looked out; small bodies pivoted.
We rose to go. Sunset blazed on the windows.

-- Robert Frost, the Black Cottage

We are pleased to announce perl v5.24.0, the first stable release of
version 24 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl v5.24.0 from your favorite CPAN
mirror or find it at: [snip]
Perl 5.24.0 represents approximately 11 months of development since Perl
5.22.0 and contains approximately 360,000 lines of changes across 1,800
files from 77 authors.
Wow, I didn't actually expect this to come so early in the month! rjbs++
It has been my great pleasure to contribute to the development of Perl
for the past five major releases. This will be my final major release.
Thank you, everyone who has contributed to the project or offered kind
words of support. They have been appreciated perhaps more than has been
adequately communicated.

Beginning with perl v5.25.1, Sawyer X will be the new reigning pumpking.
Please be as kind to him as you have to me!
Onward, sawyer!

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl
postedMay 9, '16 at 11:39a