Dave Mitchell writes:

But I don't think its necessary after all: the new() method in Pod::Man
is only called in three places during the build:
1. Building cpan/podlators.
At this point Encode isn't built, and the warning is emitted
2. Testing cpan/podlators/t/*/*.t
At this point Encode is built and there are no warnings.
3. Installing perl and all its modules
It's called many times here, but again, at this point Encode is built so
there are no warnings
Only during (1) is the environment variable PERL_CORE set.
Unless there's a need for Encode to be present when padlators is made,
I propose that the code in Pod::Man::new() which warns if Encode isn't
present, only does so if !$ENV{PERL_CORE}.
This is a great idea. Thanks! Now implemented, and will be in the next
podlators release (probably later today).

--
Russ Allbery (eagle@eyrie.org) <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl
postedMar 19, '16 at 1:57a
activeMar 20, '16 at 11:23p
websiteperl.org

2 users in discussion

Dave Mitchell: 1 post Russ Allbery: 1 post