Ivan Pozdeev via perl5-porters writes:
`cygpath C:\' isn't completely fool-proof as C:\ might be mounted independently.
(you decide if it's fool-proof enough for the case at hand)
In which case the former code would fail just the same. If you wanted,
you could loop through all 26 drive letters and see which prefix comes
up the most often and pick that as the cygdrive prefix, but it could
still fail in some contrived situations.
`readlink /proc/cygdrive' does look like the best solution.

So, the best way I see is to use it and fall back to the heuristics if it's
missing.
Well, I can get behind that idea; thanks for mentioning. How about the
attached?

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl
postedDec 6, '15 at 5:58p