A design decision is being changed in the new Test-Simple stuff. This
change comes at the request of many people in perl-qa, and I agree with the
change. However this does mean I will not have something I am ready to
release by the time we reach the march cutoff date for 5.22 changes.

To that end 5.22 should ship with the latest STABLE Test-Simple (
https://metacpan.org/release/EXODIST/Test-Simple-1.001014). We can put the
development versions back into blead AFTER 5.22 is released.

I have a branch that already has the design change, and nothing is broken,
but I still think it is wise to give it some brewing time before it ships.
I also wish to adapt a couple interfaces now that some details under the
hood have changed. I would prefer to make sure the actual final release is
correct, instead of rushing o make the 5.22 cutoff.

-Chad

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl
postedMar 6, '15 at 7:51p