On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 5:43 PM, Zefram wrote:

l.mai@web.de wrote:
The syntax 'sub foo :attributes ($signature) { ... }' is awful. It
should be 'sub foo($signature) :attributes { ... }'. (This might be a
candidate for bug #121481.)
I do not approve of this change. It gives the misleading impression
that the signature is metadata that could reasonably be examined by
distant code. I believe the request for this change comes largely from
people misunderstanding signatures in precisely that manner.
No, to me it's an end-weight issue. I want the most important things
furthest to the left, and to me *as a human reader* the signature is almost
always more important than the attributies. It's the difference between "I
have to tell you who the murderer is...<bang>" and "Steve done it! <bang>".
Making it easier for the end-user to read the code is far more important
than implementation details that most users wont even think about.

To me, this is a very perlish thing to do.

Leon