On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:07:39PM -0700, Father Chrysostomos via RT wrote:
The reason I favour numeric ids is that they are truly transligual.
But they are not particularly memorable. Put them in Sepedi or Japanese if you have to. I won’t complain, as long as they are more memorable than numbers.
Why not numbers *and* names, where they are considered equivalent to each
other? e.g. the possible values of $! are all integers, but they also have
code words of ~8 letters, as well as as a longer stringified form.