On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 06:54:08PM -0400, Ricardo Signes wrote:
Sigh. I'm flashing back to when we added a period to Carp's output.

I would like to improve this error message, but I think that if we do it by
only updating the string, we're going to suffer quite a bit.

This is something that could be governed by a pragma, at least until such time
as there is a better way to identify internal errors. Although I am not
thrilled at a proliferation of pragmata for things such as this, I think it may
be better in the long run.
pragma: ew, please let's not.
better way to identify internal errors: yes please! my mental image is
something like $! and %! for system errors: an integer code which
stringifies (locale-aware) as needed, so programs need only identify the
error by its numeric code (and associated constant), not its stringification.

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl
postedJul 29, '14 at 5:26p
activeSep 20, '14 at 5:38a