"James E Keenan via RT" <perlbug-followup@perl.org> writes:
On Tue Jul 08 23:39:34 2014, andreas.koenig.7os6vvqr@franz.ak.mind.de wrote:
git bisect
----------
commit 29e61fd971cd4373e17cf1dd6e954ddea5171299
Author: David Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com>
Date: Fri Jun 27 11:52:44 2014 +0100

add op_lastsib and -DPERL_OP_PARENT

diagnostics
-----------
Running Build test
t/Module-Info.t .......... 1/59 # Failed test (t/Module-Info.t at
line 82)
# got: '4'
# expected: '3'
# Failed test (t/Module-Info.t at line 83)
# Structures begin differing at:
# $got->[3] = 'Subroutine B::OP::parent redefined at
blib/lib/B/BUtils.pm line 217.'
https://metacpan.org/source/MBARBON/Module-Info-0.35/lib/B/BUtils.pm#L217
Moreover, as Module-Info contains no .xs that I could locate, I would
not expect it to show new failures at the commit in question.
Well, it does define its own B::OP::parent method, which was also added
in the offending commit, so it's not really surprising if you actually
read the warning and the line of code it's coming from. Because of the
way it calls a separate perl process:

      @out = `$command 2>&1`;

(https://metacpan.org/source/MBARBON/Module-Info-0.35/lib/B/BUtils.pm#L217)

that warning will be intermingled with the normal output.

--
"A disappointingly low fraction of the human race is,
  at any given time, on fire." - Stig Sandbeck Mathisen

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl
postedJul 9, '14 at 6:39a
activeJul 9, '14 at 2:40p