On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 06:22:51PM -0400, David Golden wrote:
I think it would also make sense to remove the UPSTREAM field for all
modules that don't have a DISTRIBUTION field.
Can we get to the point where we don't even need UPSTREAM at all?
Anything in "cpan/" is upstream cpan. Everything else is blead.
I have been looking for a way to tell, from within Module::CoreList,
whether a particular module is dual-lifed or not. If UPSTREAM is removed,
or is properly set to either 'blead' or 'cpan' (and not undef) for
everything, then it should be possible to construct this list when
MCL's other data is built up -- which means an is_dual API will be
possible.

So, +1 from me (and +1 to any other mechanism that makes it easy to scan
the Porting/ data for for an is_dual property).

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl
postedOct 15, '13 at 7:58a
activeOct 17, '13 at 1:36p