On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 10:32:31PM +0200, Leon Timmermans wrote:
On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Steve Hay wrote:

We have only three dual-lived CPAN distros with UPSTREAM => 'first-come'
in Porting/Maintainers.pl:
Is there any reason for this, and for even having such an UPSTREAM status?
So unless there are good reasons for this 'first-come' status that I'm
missing then I would like to remove it and change the above three distros'
status to 'cpan'.
I would further request that UPSTREAM => undef be removed, or used to mean
*exactly* "this module only lives in blead and is not dual-lifed".
I am currently looking at the code in Module::CoreList to see if it is
possible to conclusively determine a module's dual-life status from the
information currently available -- I don't think the current UPSTREAM
status is useful here.

I have been considering patching to add an explicit is_dual_life function,
but I'm not sure if additional data needs to be added to
Porting/Maintainers.pl to be able to determine this.

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl
postedSep 9, '13 at 8:07p
activeOct 15, '13 at 10:16p