From: Dave Mitchell
From: Paul Appleby
I'm wondering if anyone knows why the string value of the
Compress::Zlib::memGunzip() method gets truncated.

Not all the text in my gzipped file appears in the deflated string.

This happens on my local Windows 2000 machine, and the Linux remote
server, using the same Perl script and the same .gz source file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Paul contacted me directly about this we are working through the
issue.

Is there any further news on this, especially as regards releasing
5.10.1
with IO-Compress 2.020?

Yes there is.

Paul was trying to uncompress a gzip file that consisted of multiple
concatenated gzip data streams. This is valid according to RFC 1952, and is
supported by the commandline gunzip program, but isn't supported behaviour
for Compress::Zlib::memGunzip - it terminates after the end of the first
compressed data stream is reached.

Dealing with concatenated data stream is supported by IO::Uncompress::Gunzip
if you use the MultiStream option. That is what Paul ended up using.

Paul

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl
postedJul 3, '09 at 3:18p
activeJul 3, '09 at 6:01p
websiteperl.org

2 users in discussion

Dave Mitchell: 1 post Paul Marquess: 1 post