OK, thanks. Now applied to bleadperl as #33143.

________________________________

From: Lincoln Stein
Sent: 30 January 2008 15:12
To: Steve Hay; perl5-porters@perl.org
Subject: Re: FW: [perl #50322] CGITempFile causes "Insecure dependency
in sprintf" in perl 5.10.0

It looks fine to me. I'm adding the proposed fix to 3.33.

Lincoln

On Jan 30, 2008 4:13 AM, Steve Hay wrote:

Hi Lincoln,

Not sure if you saw the email below that I copied you with the
other
day, but I noticed that you just replied to another thread from
different address, so I thought I'd forward to that address too.

Shall I go ahead and apply Steffen's fix to bleadperl, or would
you
rather fix things differently?

Steve

Steve Hay wrote:
Steffen Mueller wrote:
Steve Hay wrote:
Run the following program under perl 5.10.0 on Windows XP:

#!perl -wT
use strict;
use warnings;
BEGIN { $ENV{TMPDIR} = "$ENV{WINDIR}\\TEMP" };
use CGI;
my $tmpfile = new CGITempFile(1);
print "tmpfile='", $tmpfile->as_string(), "'\n";

This causes the error:

Insecure dependency in sprintf while running with -T switch
at (eval
2) line 6.

it seems to me that this would have to be fixed in
CGITempFile
because the error is probably genuine.

How about changing the sprintf call to this (untested, but
well...):

sprintf("\%s${SL}CGItemp%d", $TMPDIRECTORY, $sequence++)

Yes, that fixes it, thanks. >
Lincoln, are you happy with this fix?

--
Lincoln D. Stein