demerphq wrote:
5. Should be distributed.
What, precisely, do you mean by this one? I ask because a lot of what some
people think of as a "distributed" VCS is more about merging and generation of
patches and less about "make sure the repository is everywhere." From a
security standpoint, large projects will *always* have a master repository that
is considered authoritative. I realize that git and hg (don't know about bzr)
blurs this distinction a lot, but from a project standpoint, a central
repository with limited list of committers has a very long history for a good
reason.

John

--
John Peacock