James Mastros wrote:
Or, perhaps more sanely, three pumpkings: One for stable, one for
unstable, and one for testing, similarly to the way Debian does it.
Stable / unstable is the split we have now, between 5.8 and 5.9.
Behind my humour was a real point; if it takes 3 months start to finish
to produce a release (etch was frozen in December and released in April,
so that isn't too wild a guess), then it is simply not possible to have
2 releases per year without burning out the release managers at a
phenomenal rate.

John

--
John Peacock