Nicholas Clark wrote:
For something the size of the perl distribution it becomes a grind.
The amount of engineering effort needed to not mess up a major release is
large. That's why I failed to keep up with regular releases.
Yeah, what he said! I was going to say that a full release cycle for
Perl might be as long as 3 months, thus requiring at least 3 pumpkings:

1) one to manage the release cycle;

2) one to manage new features cycle;

3) one to buy alcohol-based substances for the other two, because they
will surely need to drink heavily to put up with the grind... ;-)

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group