Glenn Linderman wrote:
Looks good! But wouldn't it be better named "PerlIO::via::mypad" or
"PerlIO::via::pad", since it is padding the output, not chopping it?
It's not padding; I appended a '|' character to the end of the format
string, which appears at the "length I want"+1 byte. This PerlIO filter
is stripping that back off, leaving the correct number of trailing
spaces for my dataloader to be happy. I could easily have used any
other character that was not to be found in the data...

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group