Chip Salzenberg writes:
On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 06:57:00PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 08:56:57AM -0700, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
For Parrot (if not Perl) I'm wondering what platforms, if any, do not have
C99-capable compilers these days. Shirley the C99 standard, having been
ratified seven long years ago, now pervades the computing world...?
Well, gcc isn't there yet: http://gcc.gnu.org/c99status.html
That list has a heck of a lot of "Done" items.
And it is depressing that some of missing/broken ones are things
that sound so useful for us:
inline functions
variable-length arrays
extended integer types
IEEE floats

As we Perl veterans know,
there's no such thing as a perfect compiler, no matter how old a language
spec you target. So by "C99" I suppose I don't mean the whole spec from
front to back, so much as a large and helpful subset thereof.

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl
postedAug 21, '06 at 3:58p
activeSep 1, '06 at 6:19p