On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 12:28:16PM -0800, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
This fixes the incorrect warning given in this case:

$ perl5.8.7 -we'$^O !~ /xxx/'
Useless use of not in void context at -e line 1.

$ perl5.9.3 -we'$^O !~ /xxx/'
Useless use of negative pattern binding (!~) in void context at -e line 1.
I don't know.
It changes a warning. So in one sense it's a new warning.
[And sadly it wouldn't surprise me if somewhere someone is grepping out that
'not' warning, and so would get copious error logs or other "fun" if it
changed.]

I'd like 5.10. Then I could avoid thinking about this. :-)

Nicholas Clark

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl
postedNov 14, '05 at 8:30p