On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 11:07:22PM +0200, demerphq wrote:
should be testing here, but i beleive the problem you are thinking of
is due to symlinks to a directory? If so then the win32 equivelent
would be a junction I think and in that case yes, foo\..\bar == bar.
I have the creeping feeling that there's an argument to be made here, but
I never fully understood the symlinks vs .. cannonpath argument so I'll
hope someone else jumps in and makes it.

To be honest i would really like to see the expected behaviour of
canonpath when called on a relative path explicitly defined. IMO
canonpath should act more like rel2abs, insofar as it should support
an optional $base argument to use instead of CWD when trying to clean
up a relative path.
canonpath() should never be inserting the CWD when cleaning up. "./bar" is
the same as "bar" but "$CWD/bar" is not! Its important that cannonical
relative paths remain relative.

--
Michael G Schwern schwern@pobox.com http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
'All anyone gets in a mirror is themselves,' she said. 'But what you

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl
postedJul 6, '05 at 9:00p
activeJul 12, '05 at 1:15a