Tim Bunce [Tim.Bunce@pobox.com] quoth:
*>
*>Umm. Looks like 03modlist.data.gz doesn't contain the 'chapter' titles.
*>I presume that's what he's having to dig into modules/00modlist.long.html
*>for. Anything else Graham?

It's programmatically generated from the 00modlist which the 03 would be
not be a drop-in replacement for even with the categories.

*>I think there's no doubt it's truly obsoleted. (Other than your query about
*>the frontpage index for search. But hopefully we can resolve that quickly.)

Well, last I knew, he was in the middle of moving house.

*>Andreas, please remove the links to 00modlist.long.html from
*>modules/index.html and extend 03modlist.data to include chapter info?

I'm not sure I understand the hurry to remove it completely. Jarkko is the
one who needs to remove the links on the cpan modules index page. Perhaps
I can redirect all the people suddenly dropping a brick over the overnight
absence of the file and emailing cpan@perl.org to P5P. Leave it be for
now as it isn't taking up that much space and noone's gonna die if it's
given some time to sit in the interim.

e.