Andreas J. Koenig [andreas.koenig@anima.de] quoth:
*>
*>As Schwern already said, it makes no sense to replace a 90% solution
*>with a different 90% solution. Let's hope that John Peacock's
*>v-strings work out and that the specifications behind META.yml work
*>out first. Then we can hope that we find rules that please more
*>people.

I wasn't suggesting anything quite so complicated, I just wondered why any
version with an underbar in it would get tagged as an alpha. I vaguely
remember Lincoln releasing an alpha of CGI 3 with the underbar in the
wrong place and it didn't get tagged which caused some problems, which I
suppose that would prevent. I understand the complexity of the problem but
sometimes simple things get overlooked, that's all.

I'm looking forward to module metadata as well, but I imagine we'll have
to do a little more to get people to use the tools and use them
consistently.

e.

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl