Lupe Christoph [lupe@lupe-christoph.de] quoth:
*>
*>> According to the release numbering scheme started in 5.6.0, Perl 5.8
*>> will now enter maintenance state, and a new development branch called
*>> Perl 5.9 will be created, herded by Hugo van der Sanden. The first
*>> maintenance release of Perl 5.8 will be called 5.8.1, but before that
*>> 5.9.0 will most likely take place.
*>
*>A word about 5.6.x? And I would delete ", but before that ...".
*>You are provoking the Great Murphy.

Oh no, 5.9 will come first :) ...isn't that right Hugo?

*>And what about something from Discworld or The Rings? Like:

"I know about people who talk about suffering for the common good. It's
never bloody them! When you hear a man shouting "Forward, brave comrades!"
you'll see he's the one behind the bloody big rock and the one wearing the
only really arrow-proof helmet!" -- Interesting Times

:)

e.