On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 01:02:37AM -0800, Darren Duncan wrote:
Does that policy apply to commercial operating systems as well,
where people may choose to run older OSs on purpose, but may want to
run newer Perl? For example, lots of Mac OS X Snow Leopard installs
out there, and it came with Perl 5.10.1. In contrast, Mac OS X
Mavericks comes with 5.16.2. Or should we expect people in that
situation would install their own Perl if they want newer Moose? --
Darren Duncan
I would say yes. The fact that Mac OS 10.6.8 (which I run on my primary
development box at home) only has perl 5.10.1 is not relevant given that
there is a newer version of the OS (10.9) available.

Also note that any change in the minimum supported Perl version is not
likely to have any effect on the *actual minimum version required*, at
least in the short term. We will generally continue to accept patches for
older Perls, so long as they do not hinder current or future development.
I would expect Moose to continue to work on perl 5.8.x as long as all its
dependencies also continue to do so.

--
  "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our
political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means

groupmoose @
categoriesperl
postedJan 9, '14 at 5:02p
activeJan 12, '14 at 6:11p