On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 6:29 PM, Paul "LeoNerd" Evans wrote:

Random musings from #perl on Freenode:

If I write a base module that's intended for expansion/extension (such
as Tickit), and then write lots and lots of extensions (see: the entire
Tickit::Widget:: namespace), it would be nice as an end-user feature
browsing module documentation, to be able to see a list of all those
widgets when looking at the base. Sometimes module developers use a

=head1 SEE ALSO

However, for developers that's a terrible solution. It means the author
of the base has to list all the extensions, which will naturally grow
over time. As the base becomes more stable, it increasingly means the
base does "documentation-only" releases that just add to that list.
Also it's hard for third-parties to add it there.

I wonder if therefore, metacpan needs some sort of back-reference
ability? That if an extension module could somehow list

=head1 SEEN ALSO BY

L<Tickit>

then such a module declaring that would *automatically* get listed
somehow in some automatically-generated and (near)-realtime updated
part of the Tickit documentation when viewed via metacpan.

Does this sound like something that might gain traction?
AFAIK there are ways to sneak in a piece of HTML into the POD, so I guess
you could XSS yourself ;-)

Leon

groupmodule-authors @
categoriesperl