On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 1:17 AM, James E Keenan wrote:

When I am working on an update to a CPAN distribution, I say "make clean",
then create the Makefile in the customary way -- but I get a warning about
files missing from my "kit".

#####
$ perl Makefile.PL
Checking if your kit is complete...
Warning: the following files are missing in your kit:
MYMETA.json
MYMETA.yml
Please inform the author.
Generating a Unix-style Makefile
Writing Makefile for List::Compare
Writing MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json
#####

MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json are then written.

I list MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json in the distribution's MANIFEST, so they
are included in the tarball which gets uploaded to CPAN. I don't
customarily put either MYMETA.* under version control (in this case, git).

What is the significance of the warning? Should I take any steps to avert
it?
MYMETA *must not* be listed in the MANIFEST (and neither is it sensible to
put it under version control).

This sounds like the dist is not having MYMETA in its MANIFEST.SKIP file,
adding it there should solve this problem.

Leon

groupmodule-authors @
categoriesperl
postedFeb 14, '15 at 12:17a