On 16/09/2014 22:44, Shawn H Corey wrote:

I just upgrade my Perl to 5.20.1 and tried to load my favourite
modules. Why is it that modules that worked in previous versions won't
work in the new one?
What, *precisely*, did you do? What, precisely, are you doing? Right now
your problem is basically "I did an unspecified thing and now another
unspecified thing doesn't do what I want". We can make guesses about
what exactly those things are, but only guesses.

How was your previous perl built?
What version was it?
How was the new one built?
How did you upgrade?

Are you trying to load modules that were installed under the previous
build of perl or are you trying to install them under the new build?

Et cetera.

--
David Cantrell | Pope | First Church of the Symmetrical Internet

People from my sort of background needed grammar schools to
compete with children from privileged homes like ... Tony Benn
       -- Margaret Thatcher

groupmodule-authors @
categoriesperl
postedSep 16, '14 at 9:44p