On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 11:32:11PM +0300, Gabor Szabo wrote:
On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 7:55 PM, Karen Etheridge wrote:

https://metacpan.org/pod/Test::File::ShareDir

thanks. That looks good for test run, but not for running the application
in the development environment.
File::ShareDir assumes that you will be using the Makefile.PL/Build.PL to
install the module into some location. You can easily install it anywhere
using local::lib. It simply doesn't work without going through that route.
(That's what File::ShareDir::Install does, which is called by Makefile.PL.
So, you could always call that yourself in your custom build script, but
I'd strongly advise using a normal install process.)

There *is* a module that provides this functionality, but I hesitate to
name it as it is a horrible horrible hack that should have never been
released to the cpan in the first place (and we're trying to fix
all users of it so it can be removed from the cpan).

You can also store your data in another location and pass around its path
as a config parameter to your application, or you can embed data into a
module as a __DATA__ section.

groupmodule-authors @
categoriesperl
postedApr 1, '14 at 1:03p