Well, after consulting with Autrijus Tang (the author of ExtUtils::AutoInstall
among else) I was suggested to run the following in the shell beforehand:

$ export PERL_EXTUTILS_AUTOINSTALL=--default

This caused Ovid [1] to compile XML::Feed and all of its dependencies
perfectly.

Moreover, I was given a check-in account for the EU::AI repository and used it
to clarify the POD documentation for it in this regard. (per request of Mr.
Tang)

Best regards,

Shlomi Fish

[1] The CPAN meta-module, not the Perl hacker, or the original Roman scholar.