Just an FYI for EU::MM authors. I resorted to an "interesting"
procedure with the Makefile.PL for version.pm that goes like this:

1) Top level Makefile.PL ascertains whether we have access to a compiler
to build the XS support for version objects (basically what is in v5.10.0);

2) If #1 is true, I create a new Makefile.PL in the vutil/ folder to
build the XS code EU::MM style (the Build.PL does it differently).

HOWEVER, on very fast machines (like HP/UX on Itanium), the Makefile.PL
and the resulting Makefile can have the same time (to the second):

http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=28080

which confuses 'make' to no end. The addition of a sleep(1) after the
Makefile.PL is written fixes the problem.

Arggghhhhh...

John

groupmakemaker @
categoriesperl