Sisyphus wrote:
I guess this is because version.pm wants to stringify '1.03' as '1.030'
- but, apart from taking a quick look at 'perldoc version', I've done
nothing to verify that "guess" :-)
Upgrade to the latest version.pm release and you will be OK. I was
pressured by folks on p5p to not return a normalized string
representation (trailing zeros) and I eventually caved to said pressure.
As of 0.72 or better:
2007-04-11 John Peacock <jpeacock@cpan.org>

Cache the original string used to initialize the version object and return
that when stringifying.
As far as I know, this is the very last and final API change for version
objects (which will be frozen in any case when Perl v5.10.0 comes out)...

John

groupmakemaker @
categoriesperl
postedJul 2, '07 at 3:57a